[MSEA v97] Game Update – Dual Blade, Potential System
Congrats to MapleSEA!
Game Service will be down during this period of time. Please log out before this period of time to prevent any game disruption.
Patch Notes for Version 097
The upcoming patch of Version 0.97:
1. [New Class] Dual Blade
2. [New System] Potential System
3. [System Event] Gachapon Stamp (Event Period: 10/11/2010 – 8/12/2010)
4. [System Event] Experimental A Coupon (Event Period: 10/11/2010 – 24/11/2010)
5. [System Event] Decorative Permanent Cash Items (Event Period: 10/11/2010 – 1/12/2010)
6. [System Event] Free Dual Blade Character (Event Period: 10/11/2010 – 12/12/2010)
7. [System Event] 15 Days Cash Shop Free Coupon (Event Period: 10/11/2010 – 12/12/2010)
8. [System Event] Cassandra Top Secret (Event Period: 10/11/2010 – 29/11/2010)
9. [System Event] Dual Blade Level Up Reward (Event Period: 10/11/2010 – 29/12/2010)
10. [System Event] Owl Sticker (Event Period: 10/11/2010 – 29/12/2010)
11. [System Event] Daily 2x Buff (Event Period: 10/11/2010 – 29/12/2010)
12. [System Event] Suni Meso Donation (Event Period: 10/11/2010 – 29/12/2010)
13. [System Event] Hot Time! (Event Period: 20/11/2010 15:30 ~ 15:31)
14. [End of Event] Removal of Fairy Pendant
15. [Gachapon Update] New Gachapon Rewards!
16. [Cash Items] New Cash Items Release!
17. [Download] v0.97 Full Client & Manual Patch
The long wait for the Dual Blade is over, and Maplers will be able to jump into the shoes of a Dual Blade and experience the power and speed that they have!
Get to the bottom of the conflict between the Dark Lord and Lady Syl; would you just watch, or perhaps, you could do your part in mending a relationship torn apart by a misunderstanding? Play a Dual Blade now!
Basic Features of Dual Blade
- MapleStory’s first ever dual blade character who attacks with a dagger in one hand and a blade (katara), which is a sub weapon, in the other.
- HP and MP increases with every job advancement.
- 1 extra character slot will be provided to all maple accounts. (Up to maximum of 15 characters in each world of 1 maple account)
- Dual Blade use Unique Cash Waredrobe. Unable to share cash inventory items with other characters in the same world.
The Potential System has arrived in MapleSEA, and it will change the way you see your items! Now coming in various grades, these are the same items you are familiar with, but they now can have additional attributes that would make them even more powerful then before!
Discover the potential hidden in your item now!
What is more fun then playing with the Gachapon? Getting stamps which can be swapped with items, that’s what! So start collecting Gachapon Stamps from the 10th of November and trade them with NPC Gaga for an item from the list of Gachapon Stamp prizes. What can you use these stamps to trade for? Here is a list, don’t miss out on the rare Balrog, Zakum and Horntail chairs!
Big Hedward, Prince of the Big Head Society, is back and has updated his new experimental hairstyle for the season! Are you a fashionista trying to keep up with the times? Or just waiting for a new hairstyle for a change in look?
Now is your chance to change your hairstyle! Don’t forget, Big Hedward is only offering to style all Mapler’s hair for a short period of time, so don’t miss your chance to get a unique hairstyle from him, which includes the exclusive Dual Blade hairstyles!
To get him to style your hair, you will need to purchase the Experimental A Coupon from the Cash Shop.
Here is a list of hairstyles:
Get your own unique hairstyle today!
Have you ever wished that the decorative items you have purchased will last forever? Well, wish no more, as a select number of Decorative Items are now available in the Cash Shop to be purchased; permanently! This is a time-limited offer, so don’t miss out on your chance to get a permanent item for your character now!
Here are some of the items that you can get!
To reward players who have been sticking with us, players will be given the option to raise the level of their first Dual Blade character from 1 all the way to 30 or 50, free of change, with only one condition; you just have to have an existing level 40 or 60 character in your existing Maple Account.
To create your free level 30/50 Dual Blade Character, please read the following tutorial carefully, as you will only be given the chance Only Once.
Create a new Dual Blade character.
Upon entering the game with your new Dual Blade character, you will be instantly greeted by the Maple Administrator and offered to be transported to Kerning City Directly. If you do not accept this, you will have to go to Kerning City yourself!
Upon reaching Kerning City, seek out Ryden.
Once you talk to him, he will offer you to be a Blade Acolyte directly.
Failing to click “Yes” means you will permanently give up your chance. So be careful!
Players eligible for this event will also receive 1 Maple Series Katara from NPC Ryden no matter you accept or reject his offer to directly advance to level 30 or 50.
To welcome new Maplers who come in after the 10th of November, they will receive a special Free Coupon that would allow them to purchase a selected number of items from the Cash Shop under “Special” Category for a grand total of nothing! Yes, nothing!
So for all your new Maplers out there, give the shop a spin, and try out the items for the 15 days, with no strings attached!
To be eligible for this event, you will need to meet the following criteria:
– Only the first character of the only Maple account in an Asiasoft Passport created during the event period is eligible for this event.
– This applies to Maple accounts created before the event date but does not contain any previous (including deleted) characters.
– If your Asiasoft Passport contains an existing Maple accounts with characters, delete all existing characters and creating new character will not entitle you to this event.
– Deleting all your characters will not entitle you to this event.
– Eligible accounts will receive the Free Coupon upon the first login into Cash Shop.
– Free Coupon will expire after 15 days.
– Only with possession of the Free Coupon will allow users to purchase items from Special Category.
– Only items purchase from Special Category will be free!
– All items under Special Category are valid for 15 days only.
Cassandra has been acting rather suspicious as of late, and according to the Maplers in the know, she is offering a reward to Maplers who would be her agents and collect a number of Secret Reports for her. These Secret Reports are created by the Dual Blades, and contain secret information about Maple World. They have been hidden in monsters all around Maple World, so you will have to hunt around for them. Help Cassandra find out more about the Dual Blades and get rewarded in the process!
Event Requirement – Level 13 or above
Repeatable every 30 minutes.
A time limited event to reward players for playing the new Dual Blade class, this event rewards players with Masks and Scrolls every 10 levels achieved!
So play a Dual Blade and race to the top; you will be reward as you do so! Here are the list of rewards you will receive, from level 20 all the way to 100, so what are you waiting for? Get your Dual Blade up to 100 and receive all the rewards before the end of the event!
Strange Owl Stickers are dropping all around Maple World, and while Maplers might not know where they come from or what is the purpose for them appearing, they do know that items appear after using them! But, apart from that, it is rumored that a number of stickers are special, rewarding lucky Maplers with Cash Items and even Maple Plushies!
The Maple Administrator is giving out Dark Feathers to celebrate the launch of the Dual Blades! Do not be fooled by it’s unassuming look; if you hold it (keep it in your inventory) for 15 minutes, it will change into a bright feather! You can then take it to the Maple Administrator and exchange it for a buff of your choice. You can choose from two buffs, either a 2x EXP buff or a 2x Drop Rate buff for 30 minutes!
– For Level 13 or above.
– Quest repeatable every 24 hours.
– If character died or logout before the 15 minutes is up for Dark feather to turn into Bright Feather, please forfeit the quest “Dual Blade – Everyday 2X Buff!” under In Progress Quest tab to restart quest.
While grateful for all the Mesos donated a while back, Suni is now back and requesting for help from all the generous Maplers once again. This time, she is offering brand new rewards, so do spare Suni a thought and help her with some of your Mesos!
You may donate 1 meso to 1 billion mesos, once every hour. Of course, the higher you donate, the higher the chances to get something really good. We have peeked at what Suni has to give away, and here are some highlights:
Event Requirement – Level 30 or above
For the first time in MapleSEA, we will be having a Hot Time!
This event requires players to be in the game, at the specified time, and will reward all players currently in-game with wonderful prizes. To ensure that you will receive the wonderful prizes, you will have to be in the game with enough inventory space. To be fully prepared for this really short (1 minute short!) event, you should be in the game 5-15 minutes earlier, ensure that you have a few empty slots in your inventory (in all categories!) and that you are not in the Cash Shop or MTS. Also, please do not set up your shop in the Free Market using the VIP Store Permit..
If you are around during the Hot Time of 1530hrs ~ 1531hrs (+8 GMT), you will receive:
These prizes are indeed great, so don’t miss out on this event, which only lasts for 1 minute! It is recommended that players enter the game before the event starts.
Cassandra has finally stopped giving out the Fairy Pendants, so make full use of the Fairy Pendants now before they are removed! Do not be sad, the Daily 2x buff will make up for it!
Available at all towns!
Quality Green Mask
Quality Blue Mask
Quality Purple Mask
Reverse Dual Blade Mask
Magic Book Chair
Face of Shadow
Dual Blade Suit
Dual Blade Boots
Dual Blade Gloves
Dual Blade Cape
Experimental A Coupon
Purchasing the Dual Blade Mastery books from the Cash Shop below will also give you a free Scroll for Blade for ATT 60% Ticket which can be used to redeem the scroll!
Slash Storm Mastery
Tornado Spin Mastery
Mirror Image Mastery
55% Discount until 15th December 2010!
Flying Assaulter Mastery
Sudden Raid Mastery
55% Discount until 15th December 2010!
55% Discount until 15th December 2010!
The v0.97 full client and manual patch download are available NOW!
We advise maplers to start downloading the provided manual patches earlier to avoid downloading congestion during or after the patch.
Please kindly refer our Download Page for the latest version on client downloading.
v.97 Full Client
Please kindly take note to only start doing the manual patching after 10th November 2010, 0900hrs (+8 GMT) so as not to interrupt your game play before the Game Client Patch.
1. After downloading the manual patch file, double-click on the patcher -> Select the folder where the game is installed.
2. For most users, the default folder is c:\program files\wizet\maplestory.
3. *If you receive an error (canvas.dll is corrupt), please download the new client.
4. *If you receive an error (maplestory.exe not found), please select the correct folder.
Manual Patch Mirrors
Manual Patch v0.96 ~ v0.97 (FileFront)
Manual Patch v0.95 ~ v0.97 (FileFront)
Manual Patch v0.94 ~ v0.97 (FileFront)
Manual Patch v0.96 ~ v0.97 (MediaFire)
Manual Patch v0.95 ~ v0.97 (MediaFire)
Manual Patch v0.94 ~ v0.97 (MediaFire)
– MapleSEA Administrator