[GMS] MASSIVE Updates This Summer?
So it’s almost Summer. This means that one of the on-seasons for the biggest updates of the year is right around the corner. But this Summer is slightly different from the usual. Unlike previous Summers when we had an idea of exactly what major update we would be getting, this Summer we’re not quite sure. This is quite simply because there is SO MUCH CONTENT on the pipeline for Global MS. Like, LOADS.
I mean there’s Monster Life (probably coming in June), Demon Avenger, Xenon, Thunder Breaker revamp, Wind Archer revamp, Dawn Warrior revamp, class revamps, general reorganizations, the level cap increase, the damage cap increase, etc. Some of this content came relatively recently to KMS and will probably be pushed into the Fall. BUT much of this content is quite old in KMS and with KMS expected to release a huge update this Summer, it’s clear that the Summer will also be a big one for Global MS.
These are my chances that we’ll receive the content BY THE END OF THE MONTH listed. These predictions are made with many assumptions and are therefore subject to change (A LOT of change).
- These predictions were made with the assumption that we’ll receive all this content and in the same order than it arrived in KMS. Although allowance was made in the percentages for changes to the order/omissions of the content altogether. The following reasons/arguments are made with this in mind.
- Demon Avenger will come this Summer. It will very highly likely come in late June or early July, though I’m leaning slightly towards early July.
- Xenon will come soon after Demon Avenger, more than likely in the middle of July. It is quite possible that it will come in the same update as Demon Avenger, and as stated previously that update could come in late June or early July. It is also possible that it won’t come until August, but this change is extremely small.
- Thunder Breaker will come in late July or August. Uncertainly is high about this one (and the content after it). They could of course come in the same update as Demon Avenger or Xenon or both. If it’s left until Fall then it’ll very likely arrive before the end of September. If it isn’t added by the end of September it’ll probably be left until December.
- Wind Archer and Dawn Warrior assumptions similar to Thunder Breaker assumptions. If Thunder Breaker isn’t added by the end of October it’ll likely be left until December or January. If Dawn Warrior isn’t added by the end of October it’ll likely be left until December. If it isn’t added by the end of December it’ll likely be left until March or April.
Two other scenarios that I have in my head, independent of the predictions above:
- Thunder Breaker, Wind Archer and Dawn Warrior will be released in a single update over the Fall, possibly in October as this tends to be a big-ish month for updates. This is a less likely scenario.
- A more likely scenario is that Thunder Breaker, Wind Archer and Dawn Warrior is released with the other two Cygnus Knights revamps (Blaze Wizard and Night Walker) in December and/or January. This is under the assumption that the Blaze Wizard and Night Walker revamps will be released this Summer in Korea MS. This is a more likely scenario.
These predictions were obviously made only for the classes of the Unlimited and Cygnus Returns updates. The reorganizations and other content is assumed to be added along at some point.
Long story short: There’s a lot of content that needs to be fitted in. We really have seven months (second half of June; all of July, August, September, October, November, December; first half of January) for all of this content to be added, with the second half of June, all of July, the first half of August, all of December and the first half of January being the on-season for big content updates. It’ll be interesting to see how this works out.