Nexon America’s Q1 2012 Approval Rating
Posted by msupdate
Total number of votes: 2753
Approve: 25.10% (-25.82%)
Disapprove: 39.01% (+1.48%)
Undecided/No Opinion: 35.89% (+24.34%)
Five common reasons why people disapproved were:
- Game instability and server downtime
- Inadequate customer support
- Inability to keep number of hackers in games to acceptable numbers
- Cash users have a huge advantage over those who do not have access to NX regularly
- Account security concerns due to recent hackings and scares
- Nexon doing a better job than many other free-to-play publishers
- Great content updates (core game content and game events mentioned)
- Game is fun
- Communication with players improving slowly but steadily
- Extensive knowledge of the market and content localization skills
Nexon America’s approval rating fell dramatically, being cut in more than half since Q4 2011. The majority of the approvals lost seems to have gone into Undecideds/No Opinions with Disapprovals rising only slightly to 39.01%. Undecideds more than tripled to 35.89%.
83% of takers began playing Nexon America games outside of the past 3 years (2009 or prior), more than enough time to form a valid opinion on the way the company runs its games. This is up from 79% from Q4 2011.
78% of takers are from the United States and Canada and 10% from Europe. 1% from Mexico and 2% from Australia and New Zealand. The most popular ‘other’ responses (6%) were Peru and Venezuela. In Q4 2011 60% were from the United States and Canada, 16% from Europe and the most popular ‘other’ response (19%) was also Peru.
43% of takers were aged 13-16, down from 51% in Q4 2011. This time around 21-24 came in second with 26% and 17-20 third with 20%.
97% of takers play MapleStory which is up from 93% in Q4 2011 and up from 95% in Q3 2011. 35% play MapleStory Adventures while 29% from Dragon Nest. Other games ranged from 28% who play Vindictus to 5% who play Wonder Cruise. Last time’s results read:
“93% of takers play MapleStory, down slightly from 95%. 38% play Dragon Nest, while 34% play MapleStory Adventures. Other Nexon games range from 7% who play Atlantica to 24% who play Vindictus.”
The number of takers who actively play games from publishers other than Nexon America has once again increased to 65%. This is really good.
Approval Rating History
Q1 2012: 25.10% (2,753 takers)
Q4 2011: 50.92% (>1,500 takers)
Q3 2011: 55.92% (>1,000 takers)
Q1 2011: 66.38% (>1,000 takers)
Q4 2010: 70.98% (<1,000 takers)
September 2010: 62.71% (<1,000 takers)
Q3 2010: 45.23% (<500 takers)
Join us from May 7 to May 25 for Nexon America’s Q2 2012 approval rating survey!