[GMS] Nexon Apologises, Rolls Back and Offers Excellent Compensation
For the first time ever, I can say that Nexon’s compensation makes up for their mistake. This is remarkable.
Over the last few days MapleStory has experienced intermittent server instabilities that have interrupted many players’ opportunities to play MapleStory. The cause of the issue was a result of malfunctions of certain server hardware. To identify problematic areas we had to keep the servers online despite the inconveniences our players endured, and for that we greatly apologize.
Because players lost items and mesos during the server instability, in addition to abusers trying to take advantage of the situation, MapleStory will be restored to a previous status point of 8PM Pacific on Tuesday, January 24. All items, experience and transaction gained between the restore point and before the maintenance will be overwritten. We found this to be the only method to rectify the influx of economy damaging goods.
As a thank you for your patience and loyalty we will be providing all players affected by the instability and the restore point the following items and events:
- All NX spent between 8PM Pacific, January 24 to 3PM Pacific, January 27 will be returned.
- Players who were logged in between 8PM Pacific, January 24 to 3PM Pacific, January 27will receive 5,000 Maple Points.
- 48 hour Cash item extension on top of the 48 hour extension that was previously applied (total of 96 hours).
- 3x EXP and Drop starting from the end of the maintenance today to the end of the day Friday, February 3. The event will run during all hours of the event days.
- The Evolving Ring III event will be extended to February 6.
The first three of the following items will be available for one character per world on your account if the character was created before 8PM, January 24, so make space and choose which character wisely! The two Cash items will be available for one character on your account if the character was created before 8PM, January 24.
- 10 free AP points
- 1 Storm Growth Potion. This item instantly raises your character one level.
- 4 free slots in each section of your item inventory
- 1 Hyper Teleport Rock (7 Days)
- 1 Premium Cash Shop Surprise
You will receive a message from the Maple Administrator upon logging in to a character to collect the first three above, and your character must be level 15 or higher to receive them. You will receive a message in the Cash Shop to collect the two Cash items. You will be able to collect these items until the end of the day Friday, February 3.
Thank you, Maplers, for bearing with us during this time. We hope you enjoy all the events and items made available to help recover your Maple journey!
– The Maple Team –