[GMS] MapleStory Down Under
While the majority of Global MapleStory users are from the Northern Hemisphere, MapleStory is after all, a global game. Every community that makes a second home in Maple World brings a unique contribution to the game. In the case of our Aussie Maplers, it’s their great sense of humor, cheerfulness in the face of challenging PQs, and tough pioneer spirit that help inspire others and improve the Maple community – the same qualities that built Australia into a great nation!
Here’s what to look forward to this week!
• Special 2x EXP/Drop: Finally, a 2x EXP/Drop event friendly to Australia’s time zone! Stay tuned for details!
• Maplers in Australia: Take your MapleStory character on a photo journey through Australia for your chance at some great prizes!
• The Great Australian Adventure: Get to the keyboard and describe your ultimate Australian MapleStory Adventure!
• Australia Trivia: How much do you know about Oz?
• Australia Fun Facts: Keep an eye out for fun facts about our favorite land down under on all MapleStory web posts!
• More surprises!
Let’s get to our first five fun facts about Australia. Some are weird, some are funny, all are true!
• The Commonwealth of Australia was formed on January 1, 1901 (1/1/01) and comprised the six original colonies.
• Of the ten most poisonous spiders in the world, nine of them live in Australia.
• The Tasmanian Devil actually exists, it’s native to the island state of Tasmania, a part of the country of Australia. It has the jaw strength of a crocodile.
• The Great Barrier Reef has a mailbox. You can ferry out there and send a postcard, stamped with the only Great Barrier Reef stamp.
• The Sydney Opera house was originally supposed to cost $7 million. The final cost was $102 million largely paid for by the state lottery.