[MABI] G12: Return of the Hero
Nexon America and Nexon Europe will release another massive update to the North American and European services of Mabinogi on Wednesday, October 20. Generation 12, or “Return of the Hero” will go live. The North American and European services of the game are now on par in terms of updates as Mabinogi Europe, which was launched just earlier in 2010, caught up with the North American service, which is over 3 years old, with the Uncharted Lands update in September. The Uncharted Lands update to Mabinogi Europe added Generations 4-11. It seems that Mabinogi American and Mabinogi Europe will receive updates at the same time in the future.
North American Update Schedule
We will be implementing a game update on Mabinogi servers on October 19th. During this period, Mabinogi will be unavailable. The update will last approximately 8 Hours.
Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Pacific: 10:00 PM ~ 6:00 AM, Tuesday, October 19th, 2010
Eastern: 1:00 AM ~ 9:00 AM, Wednesday, October 20th, 2010
• Mabinogi will be unavailable
• A Hero Returns! Who can it be? Mabinogi: Return of the Hero is now here!
• A loading screen will now display when entering the game. A helpful gameplay tip will also show as the game loads.
• Giants have undergone an overhaul! Visit Krug from October 22nd to October 24th, and he will allow you to change your looks at no charge. >Check out the Giant changes HERE!<
• Several new abilities have been added! Participate in the Return of the Hero mainstream storyline or complete skill quests to start learning! >See the new abilities in action!<
• Help the needy! The donation box at the Pontiff’s Court in Tara is now accepting gold donations. A portion of the donations will be distributed to Erinn’s needy. Those who are most generous are eligible for rewards.
• What’s a Fantasy Life without a Family? If you are married, visit Sinead and purchase a Family Emblem to get started. >See how it’s all started HERE!<
• An “ammo count” will now appear next to a skill you have charged, indicating how much of that ammo is left. This applies to arrows, bolts, alchemy crystals, etc.
• Part-time jobs are now available at the Pontiff’s Court in Tara.
• Keith, the banker of Tara has a special part-time job available for those who are up to the challenge (and frustration!).
• Physis now has weather patterns.
• Peaca Intermediate Dungeon is now available for explorers. New weapons including the Highlander Claymore, Highlander Long Bow, and Falcata, can be found in this dangerous dungeon!
• “Hidden” Dungeon Journal achievements can now be obtained.
• New cooking recipes have been added.
• Campfire sharing has been rebalanced.
• Dark Knight Skills have been rebalanced. Control of Darkness has been uncapped.
• Water Cannon, Sand Burst, and Wind Blast can all be avoided by the Evasion skill.
• Support Shot has been rebalanced and uncapped.
• Throwing has been rebalanced and uncapped.
• Taunt has been uncapped.
• Wind Guard has been rebalanced.
• If an Elf or Giant uses the SOS request, a member or a supporter of the opposite race will not be summoned.
• Elf and Giant Journals have been adjusted to give them a better Royal Alchemist standing compared to Humans.
• Alchemist bags are now available! Visit Eabha or Heledd and pick up one of these special bags! Alchemist bags hold all your alchemy crystals!
• The pet rebirth disconnect issue has been fixed.
• Halloween Events are starting up! >Check out the festivities HERE!<
-The Nexon Team-
European Update Schedule
Mabinogi Europe will be going through its routinal maintenance and conduct a content patch
on October 20th, 2010 from 04:00 AM to 11:30 AM (GMT+2).
The maintenance will last for approximately 7 1/2 hours, and during that time,
users will not be able to access the game nor the website.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
Please refer below for more details.
– Date: Wednesday, October 20th, 2010
– Time: 04:00 AM – 11:30 AM (GMT+2) – Game service and websites unavailable
Tasks that will be conducted during the maintenance are listed below.
– Generation 12 release
– Premium Shop and Item Shop update
– Website update
Thank you for your patience in advance!
– Mabinogi Europe Staff –
And a word from the team…
With each new chapter of Mabinogi’s story, more answers and mysteries are revealed. While we’ve told you many of the surprises coming in Return of the Hero, there are some secrets we’re not quite ready to show. There are whispers of great things; treasures and rewards for the most daring of heroes. We firmly believe that those that put in the work should receive the reward…
… but there’s no harm in showing you a few screenshots, now is there?
This strange new place looks nothing like the rest of Erinn! What is this? It’s so perfect and beautiful. Nothing natural resides in this unknown building comprised of nothing but layers and logic laid out so elegantly.
The sword this giant is bearing certainly looks familiar, but from where? Wait, could it be!? Is this THAT sword?
As we said, each new chapter reveals both mysteries and answers. While certain Mabinogi veterans may recognize this sword, it doesn’t exactly answer all questions. Why was it brought here? What role does it play now?
The last piece of the puzzle makes both more and less sense than the others. What strange light is this? When does this photo take place: before or after the others? Is… is it alive?
Erinn’s secrets are many. Only the bravest, cleverest, and most determined of all heroes may unravel them. If you do, however, it’s no secret that treasures and answers await you.
Return of the Hero: Coming to Mabinogi October 20th, 2010.